ARGUS Software is pleased to announce the ARGUS University Challenge 2016.
Now in the 6th year of the challenge, ARGUS Software has given away over $70,000 in prize money to students aspiring to be the next generation of commercial real estate professionals. Through this challenge, students create real-world investment strategies through informed decisions using ARGUS solutions. “ARGUS is very proud to support the educational community. Commercial real estate continues to evolve, and we are committed to helping universities prepare their students for a future career in real estate” said Lynn Clarke, VP of Global Education and Training Services at ARGUS Software.
This year’s challenge case study is being written by Mike Goode and Justine Willard (Bios below).
To participate in the challenge or for more information see the Rules of Engagement below or email email@example.com.
Winners of Last Year’s 2015 Challenge: University of San Diego
Last year the winners of the challenge were presented with $8000 in prize money during the annual ARGUS Connect customer conference. Click here to read more about last year’s winners.
Rules of Engagement
- Each university may enter one team of 3 – 5 team members. Each team member must be currently enrolled at their university. Submit team member names and e-mail addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 29, 2016. Final team members may not change after this date.
- After submission of team members, a 90 day academic license of ARGUS Enterprise will be emailed to each participant to be used during the Challenge.
- Each team must have a chosen faculty member of the university functioning as the advisor. The role of the faculty member is to confirm current enrollment of each team member and offer guidance prior to the distribution of the assignment. Please note that all work for the Challenge must be completed by team members.
- Faculty, students, alumni, industry professionals and/or anyone outside the core team is not allowed to assist with the case.
- The case study will be emailed out to each participant by February 5, 2016. The assignment includes preparing model using ARGUS Enterprise in addition to submitting a paper explaining the results of your analysis.
- Teams are to submit their cases by emailing the ARGUS file and paper by Monday, March 21, 2016
- Students will compete for cash prizes totaling $14,000.
- 1st prize winner receives $8,000
- 2nd prize winner receives $4,000
- 3rd prize winner receives $2,000
- Honorable mention winners and categories to be determined.
- A panel of judges from the academic community and industry will participate in reviewing the case studies and nominating the winners. Winners will be announced April 4, 2016.
- Announcement of the winners of this competition will be announced and published on ARGUS Software’s website in addition to their newsletter.
- If you have questions pertaining to this Challenge please contact an ARGUS representative at email@example.com.
About the Authors:
Justine Willard is a Director of Consulting at Integrated Real Estate Resources where she manages client software implementations, development of custom solutions and reporting, training, and provides subject matter expertise for large real estate owners and developers.
Justine joined Integrated in 2014 with 10 years of asset and portfolio management experience and has worked on projects in the United States, Europe and Asia for both privately held and publically traded companies. During her tenure as an Asset Manager, Justine oversaw the development and execution of asset business plans, property management and leasing, annual budgets and reforecasts, analysis of portfolio performance, investor reporting, as well as the valuation and underwriting of new investment opportunities and dispositions.
In addition, Justine continues to hold a position as an Adjunct Finance Professor Bentley University where she has taught undergraduate and graduate Real Estate Finance courses and ARGUS DCF for the past nine years.
Justine holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and a Master’s degree in Real Estate Management, both from Bentley University.
Mike Goode has owned and operated Integrated Real Estate Resources since 2003. Integrated Real Estate Resources provides customized software, financial modeling and analytical support for large real estate owners and developers.
Prior to launching Integrated Real Estate Resources, Mike managed the west coast office for TREE Software and Consulting from 1999 to 2003. TREE was an international real estate consulting firm specializing in providing technology and information systems solutions to institutional real estate clients. Clients included GE Capital, Lend Lease, OMERS and The Irvine Company.
From 1984 to 1999, Mike served in several different capacities at The Irvine Company, the largest master-planned development company in the United States. His latest role at Irvine was as Vice President, Corporate Financial Analysis where he managed the financial analysis group providing analysis for the commercial, industrial, residential and corporate groups
Prior to working at The Irvine Company, Mike worked as a programmer and analyst at Continental Computer, a computer time-sharing company that offered custom software solutions to their customers.
Mike holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems and an MBA in Finance, both from California State University, Fullerton,